The Supreme Court just overturned Roe v. Wade. Millions of people lost the right to abortion overnight.
We are devastated, but we are ready for action.
Here’s what you need to know, and how you can be involved:
Abortion is legal and it will remain legal here. But Minnesota will soon be the only state in the upper Midwest with a legal right to abortion, and people from across the region – and country – will soon begin traveling here to access the care they need.
- Donate to our local abortion clinics, funds, and advocates to help meet the rising need for care, and support work to expand access to abortion.
- Come together with the community tonight for the Vigil for Reproductive Freedom at 5:30 pm at the Federal Courthouse in Minneapolis. Join UnRestrict Minnesota partners and friends for a gathering of reflection and support on this challenging day.
- Learn more about what the decision means for the law during a live-streamed SCOTUS legal analysis chat today at 3pm.
- Join the conversation. A few hours ago, the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade. Please join us today at 4P ET/1P PT for a webinar where we will unpack today’s ruling in Dobbs v Jackson Women’s Health Organization (JWHO).
- Talk with others in NOW.
Reproductive Rights ‘Zoomside’ chats
- We will share what is currently happening legally, and provide a space for conversation and questions.
- June 26, 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
Join Zoom Meeting
Please email info[at]mnnow.org for the link.
For more Minnesota NOW events, please visit our calendar.
Abortion care must be available to anyone who needs it, wherever they live, whoever they are, however much they make. The decision of whether or when to become a parent is one of the most important ones we will make in our lives. Abortion allows people to make the decision that is best for themselves so they can thrive.
We have a lot of work ahead of us, and together, we will continue to fight for reproductive rights for everyone.
Reproductive Rights Committee