The Minnesota NOW Foundation is the educational and charitable arm of the Minnesota chapter of the National Organization for Women. It is a qualified 501(c)3 organization under IRS rules. All contributions made to the Minnesota NOW Foundation are tax deductible under 501(c)3 guidelines.
The Foundation may hold programs, conduct research, collect and publish facts, and engage in other work to combat discrimination. Unlike Minnesota NOW, it is not engaged in political lobbying nor grassroots political organizing.
In 2021 we targeted some of our funding to groups with programs for girls:
- We helped fund scholarships for Brave Bold Girls, a Youth Advantage program designed to help pre-teen and teenage girls grow healthy and confident from the inside out, creating safe environments for girls to explore their interests and talk about choices to make better decisions. See https://www.youthadvantage.org/bbg.
- We donated scholarship funds for girls participating at She Rock She Rock. See their programs at https://sherocksherock.org/ and https://sherocksherock.org/grrr-studio-edition.
- We contributed to Girls Are Powerful for their scholarship fund for their event day. See https://www.girlsarepowerful.org/girls-are-powerful-day-event/.
- We helped fund scholarships for after-school science-related programs for girls at DodgeNature Center. See their website at www.dodgenaturecenter.org. Scholarship detail can be found at https://www.dodgenaturecenter.org/scholarships.
Some of our past projects have been:
- We joined efforts with the Minnesota Billboard Project to fund billboards educating the public about safe abortion as a health care right. Billboards appeared near the State Fairgrounds, near Duluth, and in Mankato and St. Cloud, both on heavy-traffic routes.
- In this time of rampant disinformation campaigns designed to sway public opinion, the Minnesota NOW Foundation has taken on a role in delivering fact-based issue education and advocacy to the public. We have had info campaigns about the need for an Equal Rights Amendment and for safe and legal abortion access. We connect with people at community events and conferences, and at the State Fair.
If you would like to make a tax deductible contribution, please go to our online payment page and select the Minnesota NOW Foundation, or make your check payable to the Minnesota NOW Foundation and mail it to:
Minnesota NOW Foundation
P.O. Box 912
Burnsville, MN 55337
For more information about the MN NOW Foundation please send us an email.