MSP NOW is made up of 135 feminists from across the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. The chapter is currently operating with an appointed President, Suzann Willhite, and an appointed Treasurer, Beth Anderson. Together, they have kept the chapter viable through the leadership changes of the last year. Now the chapter is seeking new leadership from within its ranks to carry the mission and vision of MSP NOW forward.
Here are just a few of the many reasons you should volunteer!
1. Working in community with other feminists.
2. Putting your skills and creative energy toward a future you believe in.
3. If you are a young person entering the business world, holding office can be a great resume builder.
4. If you are an older person nearing retirement, holding office can put your skills to great use and offer opportunities to make connections outside of work.
5. Access to resources to implement your vision.
6. An organizational structure that will support you as you take on leadership.
7. The opportunity to shape the focus of MSP NOW to match the times we live in.
8. Built-in coalition partners from the feminist community.
9. Support from the state organization, Minnesota NOW.
Whether you are a group of friends that would like to work together or you are a single activist looking to make a difference, you are all welcome to apply for leadership. Send an email to email@example.com to get involved. Our goal is to hold elections in the Spring of 2022 for a President or Co-Presidents, a Treasurer, and 5-7 board members to lead MSP NOW in their next activist chapter.